We’re hiring a Full-Stack Developer
We are an award-winning digital strategy and development agency based in Bristol.
Since we started in 2017, we have built up a strong track record in delivering websites that increase credibility, visibility and conversion for business owners across the world.
Where you come in
As a fast-growing company, our team is small but effective. We expect anyone joining the team to be hard-working, passionate and involved in their craft. Your reward for this, aside from standard salary and benefits will be the chance to become a part of a relatively new, growing team, with no stale processes or aversion to change and new ideas. You will be instrumental in building on our culture and will be involved in a number of core decisions focusing on growing the company making your working life as rewarding as possible!
Reporting to; Technical Director, Managing Director
You will be:
- Driven by quality and attention to detail.
- Passionate about creating front end-user experiences that deliver value in the most user-friendly way possible.
- Systems and process orientated, but always flexible and looking to improve.
- Always eager to help and offer your expertise.
- Someone with high business intelligence, who can understand the reasons behind decisions from more than just “the developers perspective”.
- Platform agnostic, with an open-minded approach to solving problems.
- Someone who is able to deliver a modern, responsive and interactive website from start to finish.
- Deliver website and web app code that is quality, maintainable and readable.
- Producing accurate estimates for work and working with the PM & Sales teams to help provide information for proposals.
- Keeping up to date with new and developing technologies and tools.
- Introducing and implementing, mature and carefully chosen methodologies, tools and platforms into the business with the goal of increasing output and reducing waste.
- Reviewing and monitoring the other developers on the team to ensure our consistent high standards are met.
- Working with the Technical Director to create strategise around changes and new tech in the WordPress ecosystem.
Technical skills required:
- Expert competency with HTML, CSS and SCSS is required.
- Expert knowledge of PHP.
- High competency using a reactive framework such as React or Vue.
- Experience setting up and managing their own development environments, both local and using virtualisation such as vagrant or docker.
- High awareness of technical SEO.
- High level of experience with consuming APIs (Mainly REST, some SOAP, GraphQL) and familiarity with creating/managing APIs.
- Expert competency with VCS, specifically Git.
- Experience with ECommerce (WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento) development and maintenance.
- Experience using databases. (SQL, Mongo, Firebase).
- Experience creating and running a SPA or PWA in a production environment.
- Experience developing WordPress sites using ACF and Gutenberg blocks.
- Experience with using development tools and methodologies to help maintain a high consistency of code; such as ESLint, PostCSS, BEM, etc.
- Experience using Webpack.
Benefits and opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Company workplace pension
- Strong opportunities for career progression
- 32 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
- Central Bristol location
- Secure bike store and showers onsite
Please ensure we have an up to date version of your CV, as well as a link to your portfolio, GitHub profile or a selection of recent work.
To apply, you must be within a reasonable commuting distance of our office in the centre of Bristol. Remote working applications will not be considered or reviewed.
Please send your CV and any additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org