We’re hiring a Junior Web Developer
We are an award winning digital strategy and development agency based in Bristol.
Since we started in 2017, we have built up a strong track record in delivering websites that increase credibility, visibility and conversion for business owners across the world.
Where you come in
As a fast growing company, our team is small but effective. We expect anyone joining the team to be hard working, passionate and involved in their craft. Your reward for this, aside from standard salary and benefits will be the chance to become a part of a relatively new, growing team, with no stale processes or aversion to change and new ideas. You will be instrumental in building on our culture and will be involved in a number of core decisions focusing on growing the company making your working life as rewarding as possible!
Reporting to; Technical Director, Managing Director
You will be:
- A fast learner, who is dedicated to honing and perfecting their craft.
- Always eager to help and offer your expertise.
- Solution agnostic, with an open-minded approach to solving problems.
- Driven by quality and attention to detail.
- Someone who is driven and excited by the possibilities web development delivers.
- Deliver website and web app code that is quality, maintainable and readable.
- Keeping up to date with new and developing technologies and tools.
- Introducing and implementing, mature and carefully chosen methodologies, tools and platforms into the business with the goal of increasing output and reducing waste.
- Reviewing and monitoring the other developers on the team to ensure our consistently high standards are met.
- Working with the rest of the development team to develop custom WordPress based websites.
Technical skills required:
- Proficiency with modern semantic HTML
- Highly proficient with CSS, including modern CSS techniques such as flexbox and CSS grid.
- Ability to replicate layout and style in CSS without using a framework such as Bootstrap or Bulma.
- Experience in creating responsive web layouts.
- High computer literacy.
- Commercial experience producing
- Experience using or developing with a CMS. Preferably WordPress.
- Any experience using jQuery.
- Knowledge using or working with databases. Preferably MySQL
- Some awareness or experience of backend development.
Benefits and opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Company workplace pension
- Strong opportunities for career progression
- 32 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
- Newly renovated central Bristol location
- Secure bike store and showers onsite
- Free fruit and freshly ground coffee on tap!
To apply, you must be within a reasonable commuting distance of our office in Bristol. Remote working applications will not be considered or reviewed.
Please send your CV and any additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org